Vision boards, daily planners, journals, schedules, budgets, alarm clocks, myfitness pal app, bucket list, long and short-term goals. I love and have tried them all. The marketing strategies behind these tools are remarkable. Anything that will help me to get and stay on track I am purchasing or downloading.
As I started to think about my message for the end of the year I couldn’t help but to wonder if any of these tools really work for my life. The answer is yes, but only for a short period of time. I am impulsive by nature and enjoy starting over, cleaning out the closet of my mind and planning for the next thing in my life. While the journey has been nothing short of a roll coaster ride, daily I am becoming more aware of the true meaning of “living life to the fullest”.
It’s funny how 12 months, 365 days, and 52 weeks can be filled with so many highs and lows and yet some of us never learn the lesson, apply the sound advice or even take a risk. This makes me pose the question to you all.
What exactly are you living on earth for?
Is it really only to clock in daily to the job you dislike because seeking or finding your purpose is just too hard? Has paying bills and meeting deadlines completely consumed us? So seeing the world in color really isn’t for you. Or Maybe like me, you are waiting for that call or email that rescues you from this burning desire to want more and do more in this life. Whatever it is that has you missing out on this journey through life on earth you need to eradicate it before 2016. Make up in your mind that you will simplify your life, so that you can actually begin to enjoy the peace it brings.
Take out a piece of paper, your memo pad, phone or iPad and do this exercise with me. Jot down all the simple things you wish to complete in your life this year then prioritize them. Once you have completed that, make a commitment to yourself that unless by divine intervention, you will remove the mask that suffocates you, step out on the ledge of life and jump. Trust and believe that He who brought Lazarus from the dead will breathe new visions, strength, mental fortitude and love back into you.
Oh yeah! He will catch you if you fall and pick you up when you do.
It’s not going to be easy but the process is worth it.” Through it all, through it all, I have learned to depend on Jesus.”
- I desire a love relationship with the triune GOD where I can commune and recommit my life daily.
- To be more available and supportive toward my family and friends.
- To eat a little more of the good stuff (fruits, nuts, fish & chocolate 😊).
- Exercise or just become more active at least three days a week.
- To have two children in 2016. ( I need to start trying now)
- Schedule a weekly family game night
- To really get involved in public speaking.
- Capture a sunrise or sunset while walking/sitting with my partner.
- Give more hours of my time and talent to a local charity.
- Laugh, dance and socialize more.
- Accomplish all the goals I set for myself this upcoming year.
- Say I Love You a bit more often. Those words can erase any dark cloud.
That’s my list in a nutshell. My future motto is “Keep it simple and make it happen!” What’s yours?
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year