When I get the opportunity I’m going to … what? Go back to school? Learn something new? Get a new job? Start a business or outreach program? Yep! As soon as the opportunity presents itself and the time is right, I’m ready to take action.
That’s our plan, and on the surface it makes total sense. Except more often than not it never seems to be the right time and even worse our opportunity, that big break that will change our life, never appears. Yet, we see millions of other people getting opportunities we never even knew existed! What makes them so special that they seem to get an opportunity at every turn?
Well honestly, nothing. Really, there isn’t, except that they have learned the 6 Secrets of a Successful Life. Of course they don’t call it that – I just made that up. But they live it. We see it everyday in those around us that seem to, no matter what, consistently defy the odds. Their lives overflow with opportunity, and everything they touch turns to gold. We call them favored, because there is no logical explanation behind their success, believing they have a special relationship with God. And you’re right, they do. But the good news is YOU can have one too.
Here are the 6 Secrets to a Successful Life, and why they are the key to turning opportunity into outcomes!
- Within each of us lie the seeds of unimaginable success. This is a fundamental belief by which successful people operate. The key to seeing and seizing opportunity is to first believe that it exists, and that we are worthy to receive it. When we understand that before we were born God placed the seeds of our success already within us then we expect for ways to nurture them to appear. These are our opportunities.
- Impossible is a solvable problem, not a permanent situation. Just think about. Everything I’m using to communicate with you didn’t even exist just a few short years ago. It was August 1991 when the world-wide web went public to the world. A generation ago, people would have said it was impossible. But a couple of nerdy scientist saw a need, and believed there was a way to fulfill it. So they took the opportunity they had, and got to work. Now 25 years later, the fruit of their labor spawns new opportunities each day.
- In every challenge, there is an opportunity. Most of us are familiar with the term “Necessity is the mother of invention” but very few of us apply it to our lives when facing tough situations. Instead we live down to our circumstances, instead of allowing our challenges to inspire us to aim higher. As a result we end up with a string of life interrupted moments and yet miss the opportunity for a life change. Change your perspective, and the choices before you will change too.
- When opportunity appears, you must take action. Our desires generate opportunity, but it is our action that produces the outcome. We get confused about this because we don’t realize that God gives us a bountiful harvest by providing the seeds, which we are expected to plant and nurture so they can grow. It is only when we learn to work with what He’s given us that our lives have the capacity to bear more fruit. Simply said – If you want it, work for it.
- You can choose your path even when you can’t change the circumstances. The right time for action is when God speaks, not when we see things change. Waiting for the “right time” is a waste of time because there will always be something we can use as an excuse not to move forward. When we learn to be obedient immediately, God orchestrates the whole of the Universe to support our success. The key is to be willing to start where we are, with what we have, and know that it is enough to take the first step.
- Showing up is half the battle. Finishing strong leads to victory. Want to know how I completed my first book? I showed up to write everyday, and I let go of my self-imposed deadlines that were making me feel like a failure. Persistence and patience were my keys to success. No one gave me extra hours in the day. I still had to work for a living, deal with an unplanned medical emergency, and a host of other things over which I had no control. But I kept showing up even when it wasn’t convenient, trusting that God would give me the victory by finishing the good work He had started in me. You see, sometimes we don’t experience God’s best for us because we give up too soon. We quit when things get tough, believing this wasn’t the right opportunity or the right time. But the truth is sometimes God lets us languish a bit to see how badly we want what we’re working for, and it’s only when we don’t give up on Him that He gives His very best to us.
See why I said you can have a special relationship with God too? These “secrets” show us that when we change our perspective about opportunity, we begin to see it all around us. We no longer have to wonder where our opportunities are, but instead can begin to work with what we have right now, believing that it’s enough to get started and whatever else is needed in the future will be supplied.
Don’t wait, hesitate or procrastinate. If God’s telling you to move, do it now. Look for that new job until you find it. Start your new business. Get some financial aid and go back to school. Whatever desire He has placed in your heart, go for it! Opportunity is before you. Will you be courageous enough to take that first step? God’s already there…waiting for you! Hugs and Love ♥