Woo hoo! 2017 is coming to a close. Lord knows it’s been a challenge. From politics to personal, the chaotic roller coaster ride of everyday life has left us worn out. It’s time to put this chapter to bed.
But before we do – let’s make sure that we finish strong!
Here’s a checklist to send 2017 off with a successful end. Give it a glance and let us know what you’d add to the list.
- Resign Your Position as General Manager of the Universe – Yeah…that job where we try to control everything and everybody? Time to let it go! If you’ve read my book you know I learned this lesson the hard way – When we try to control everything, we eventually control nothing, especially not ourselves. It's time to resign our position as General Manager of the Universe. Click To Tweet
- Move Stuff from “My Box” – Remember the three boxes – My Box, the God Box, and the Trash? End of year is a great time to move the stuff that was never really meant for our box to where it belongs – which in my experience is usually the trash. If you’re having trouble releasing it, grab a journal and write it out. No need to carry old junk into the New Year!
- Delete Old or Unread Emails – Still have emails or texts you haven’t read from over 6 months ago? Liberate yourself by doing a mass delete. I know…you were going to get to them eventually. (No you weren’t.) Or you were going to respond during the holidays. (Really? Whoever sent the message has moved on.) Let it go. Starting the year already behind sucks!
- Celebrate Your Wins – Even if this wasn’t our best year, there was some goodness in it. I know because we’re still here, and relatively in our right minds. The older I get the more I realize – Life itself is a blessing worth celebrating. Whatever we got done this year, it is enough. Click To Tweet Let’s balance out our perspective by jotting down three wins for 2017. Large or small, let’s celebrate them all.
- Generously Give Thanks – None of us successfully walk this journey alone. As we bring the year to a close, it’s a great time to write a few notes of thanks. I especially like hand written notes, but if you only have time for a quick email that’s great too. The important thing is that we take a moment to let people know we appreciate them. Surprise someone today with the wonderful gift of gratitude!
- Phone Your Friends – Are there people who have been on your mind for the last few weeks but you haven’t stopped to call? I have one friend in particular that has crossed my mind every morning for the last week! Let’s stop and prioritize people. You never know when someone is going through, and the Spirit is using you as a source of encouragement. A caring voice and a listening ear can make a world of difference.
- Mentally Take Charge of Your Life – As the year comes to a close it’s time to reenergize our spirit of “can do.” Life can be a beat down, giving us the false impression that we have very few choices. But here’s the wonderful truth – Even when we can't change our circumstances, we can still choose our path. Click To Tweet We always have a choice, and when we embrace a spirit of “can do” our lives have limitless potential.
Let’s gear up for greater in 2018! Complete your checklist, and get excited to get in the driver’s seat of your life. An epic adventure awaits, if we travel light and enjoy the journey.
Hugs and Love